Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Essential Oils and Comfort Pillows



kimharms.net

Wow, I haven't posted for a while... but today while I was out weeding in my front herb garden I got an extreme hit of mint fragrance and I thought immediately, "ah, the essential oils of mint!"  

I have a ton of herbs growing and sometimes I forget about their fragrant pleasures... I am trying to be a little more cognizant.   I love just to squeeze some of the leaves or needles (as in the case of my very mature rosemary). 

 I also have some herbs that I don't use for anything culinary (such as lemon balm) and am reminded about the OTHER things you can do with herbs, such as make 'comfort pillows'... clip and dry herbs of your liking, such as lavender and rosemary, and mix with the "stuffing" of the pillow (could be polyfilla, wool, flaxseeds, rye groats, etc.).  

There are quite a few different ideas you will find when you google "comfort pillow".  You can also, of course, add some actual essential oils to the pillow according to the purpose (i.e., sleeping, then add lavender).

And as a bonus, here is a great article about 10 Uses for small pillows for those with breast cancer:
http://breastcancer.about.com/od/treatmentoptions/tp/comfort_pillows.htm

No comments: